Thursday, April 28, 2011

Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes

I had some left over bananas that's just been sitting on my counter, if you knew me you'll know that I HATE wasting food. I had a sudden urge for pancakes so why not make banana pancakes?! I replaced all purpose flour with whole wheat to make it a bit healthier & no sugar since you can get the sweetness from the bananas.

This recipe makes about 6-7 pancakes, hopefully you'll have some friends over for breakfast :)

  • Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
1 cup of whole wheat flour
2 tsp of baking powder
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 large riped banana
1 cup fat-free milk
3 egg whites
2 tsp oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

** You can add walnuts to have some crunch.

1. Mix all dry ingredients flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon into a bowl.



2. Mash large banana until it looks like baby food. I like to use a fork. Mix all wet ingredients in a separate bowl (milk, vanilla, egg, oil) with mashed bananas.



3. Combine wet ingredients to dry. Mix until all dry spots disappear. Don't over mix




4. Spray non-stick cooking spray to lightly coat skillet. Heat a large skillet on medium heat. Pour batter (I used a 1/4 measuring cup) When the pancake starts to bubble and the edges look a bit golden brown, flip the pancakes and repeat with the remaining batter.


Top it off with some banana slices and viola! You have fresh pancakes <3 You can always add your favorite maple syrup but I'm not a big fan of the sweet liquid, so I spread some of my favorite jam (??)



It says "butter" but it's more like a jam consistency, for 35 calories per tablespoon who can complain? mMmMm...




Have a good breakfast guys :)

My sisters funny Easter eggs that I had to use. HAHA~


3 comments:

  1. Awww! I love your blog it's adorable! The photos are gorgeous your writing is beautiful and your recipes are fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing your posts. Looking forward to more, now following your blog =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful use of extra bananas. That stack of pancakes looks so delicious. Perfect breakfast food.

    ReplyDelete