Monday, May 2, 2011

Apple Tart

So, today I decided to clean out my fridge & kitchen. Nobody likes a dirty ass kitchen unless you're into that (??) To my surprise I had hoards of apples..like 8 apples just chilling in my fridge. Obviously my hatred to wasting food kicked in so I brain stormed what I could make.

It narrowed down to my Apple Tart. It's easy and a good way getting rid of those darn apples >:)


  • Apple Tart

    1 whole sheet puff pastry (you can buy these at the market)
    3 apples
    1/2 cup brown sugar
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven 415 degrees.

1. Allow the puff pastry to thaw about 25 mins on the counter. Then cut in half so you'll have two even rectangles of puff.


2. Core apples, cut in half, then slice apples as thinly as you can.


3. Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, & salt with apples. Let it stand for 1 minute so the juices can flow.


4. Lay apple slices on top of the puff pastry, overlapping as you go.


5. Bake for 18-20 minutes in a 415 degree oven. Out comes a beautiful apple tart <3



Sprinkle a little bit of sifted powdered sugar and there you have it, a delicious apple tart that seriously took 5 mins (minus the thawing and baking time) to throw together.



Serve this baby with some ice cream or whipped cream & oooh man~ it's magic. Enjoy! <3

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful presentation and no doubt delicious too! What a lovely blog you have! I look forward to more of your recipes!

    Holly

    You can visit me at www.simplequintessentialcuisine.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely.....I definitely want a little scoop of ice cream.

    ReplyDelete