Sunday, May 1, 2011

Overnight Oatmeal

We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, & it's also my favorite meal time <3 Waking up early, go out for my morning run/workout and coming back with a very hungry stomach knowing that I'm gonna give it a good dose of yummy goodness.

However, many people automatically think of breakfast eggs, sausage, toast, pancakes etc...which I don't disagree on. I am a EGG-OHOLIC I love eggs <3 they are the greatest thing that God put on this planet. But there is something outside of the traditional eggs and bacon, I give you *drum rolls*
.
.
.
.
.
Overnight Oatmeal
!!

I bet you think it sounds weird or disgusting. But man are you WRONG! It's packed with nutritional values like protein, & fiber. It'll keep you full, and it tastes f**king awesome what more do you want?

  • Overnight Oats
1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
1/2 banana
1/4 cup fat-free yogurt (or greek yogurt)
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp vanilla extract

1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Stir well until all ingredients are well mixed.
2. Cover with saran wrap & leave it overnight in the fridge. In the morning you should have something like this.



Top it off with a splash of almond milk (if you want) and load it up with your favorite guilty pleasures. A wave with a magic wand & poof! You have a healthy hearty breakfast :)




If you haven't notice by now, that I am a BIG berry fan <3 Can't get enough of them! I added raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, bananas, & unsweetened coconut shreds. But feel free to add anything you like. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment