Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Whole Wheat Lemon Bars

I love lemons. Seriously, I love them <3 I'll douse anything with its tangy juices. So, if you're a lemon lover then you'll love these whole wheat lemon bars :D!

  • Whole Wheat Lemon Bars
Crust:

2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp butter
Topping:

3 large egg whites
1 large whole egg
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp wheat flour
2 tsp grated lemon zest
1/2 cup lemon juice (4 lemons)
powder sugar for dusting (optional)

Preheat oven at 350F degrees.

Crust: Mix all ingredients together. Add butter and with your hands mix it around until evenly moistened. Take your 8x8x2 line it with foil and spray non-stick cooking spray. Press crust mixture evenly bottom of pan. Bake for 13 mins.





Topping: With a mixer on high speed, beat all ingredients about 1 minute. Pour lemon mixture over crust. Then bake for 30 minutes. Let it cool completely, then serve.




Sprinkle powder sugar evenly, & there you have it the yummy taste of spring <3




Bon appetit <3

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious. I love lemon bars, but I've never tried whole wheat ones. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I have never tried these with whole wheat, but I'm all about using whole wheat in everything! Thanks for the recipe they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete